Thursday, 10 July 2008

Epson 4800 Error message - Service req. 100001C0

I was printing quite happily on my Epson 4800 one evening recently, but the next morning the automated nozzle check sent by Harvey Head Cleaner did not print and there were a couple of flashing red LEDs and the printer’s LCD display was saying “Service req. 100001C0”. What to do?


I was about to set off for the day job so I just had to leave it flashing away as I had no idea what to do, but fear the worst...

I did a quick web search that evening and found very little, but a couple of posts seemed to think that turning off the printer was the solution.

I had a look at the Espon Field repair guide that I have and found the following in the error codes section:
100001C0

AC disruption (AC Power) (Unplug and wait 30 sec., then plug back in)

I have the printer plugged into a
power surge protector block so there should not have been any problems and no other equipment was saying that there had been a power outage, but...

So I turned off the printer and left it for a day while I got on with the day job again. When I turned on the printer there was a lot of whirring while it went through its “auto something or other” routine (see previous postings for my thoughts on this) which I watched with a lot of trepidation as this often converts a perfect nozzle check into one with one of more colours completely missing.

Eventually it told me to press pause and then went into it’s “Ready” mode.

I ran a nozzle check and it came out perfectly, so all was well again.
Read more...

3 comments:

Dr Bruce said...

Thanks -- very helpful -- mine was due to a brief power outage -- too brief to reset clocks!

TBash said...

Thank You - This was very helpful.

Charliecarroll said...

yep! worked perfectly. Off and On and BOOM! printed perfectly